In the backcountry of the Kenai Peninsula, adventure awaits! Get away from the many distractions of the world and experience God’s creation in the great Alaskan wilderness. Trips include sea kayaking, hiking, whitewater rafting, and canoe trips on the Swan Lake system. If you love adventure and the outdoors, Wilderness Camps are a great fit for you.
List Of Wilderness Camps:
|Camp||Cost||Start/End Date||Grade Range||Spots Available||Waiting List Spots Available*|
|Junior/Junior High Day Hikes (Register) (More Info)||$199||Jun 12/Jun 15||5th to 8th||5||5|
|High School Canoe (Register) (More Info)||$289||Jun 16/Jun 22||9th to 12th||11||5|
|High School Sea Kayaking (Register) (More Info)||$544||Jun 23/Jul 3||9th to 12th||7||5|
|Munchkin Day Camp (Register) (More Info)||$59||Jun 26/Jun 28||K-1st||4||5|
|Junior High Hike and Canoe (Register) (More Info)||$289||Jul 7/Jul 13||7th-8th||9||5|
|Hike & White Water Rafting (Register) (More Info)||$399||Jul 14/Jul 20||9th to 12th||8||5|
|Junior High Canoe (Register) (More Info)||$289||Jul 21/Jul 27||7th to 8th||11||5|
|Junior High Alpine Backpack (Register) (More Info)||$289||Jul 28/Aug 3||7th to 8th||12||5|
Junior/Junior High Day Hikes, Jun 12/Jun 15, Grades 5th to 8th
- A great introduction to hiking on the Kenai Peninsula. Enjoy cooking over the fire, playing games, and making new friends. Nights are spent at the Wilderness Base Camp.
High School Canoe, Jun 16/Jun 22, Grades 9th to 12th
- Experience Alaska's premier canoeing on the Swan Lake System and the Moose River. Camp each night, learn a variety of canoeing skills, portaging techniques, and how to make a sauna
High School Sea Kayaking, Jun 23/Jul 3, Grades 9th to 12th
- Watch glaciers calve and whales, sea lions, and sea otters swim while camping on the beaches of the dramatic Blackstone Bay, 8 miles outside of Whittier. Extended to 10 days to take advantage of the abundant scenery and to allow flexibility for weather conditions. 2018 Videos
Munchkin Day Camp, Jun 26/Jun 28, Grades K-1st
- Perfect for our youngest campers, with short hikes from base camp to a historic cabin, a glacial erratic, and an educational nature walk. nnThe campers will enjoy games, crafts, story time and so much more.
Junior High Hike and Canoe, Jul 7/Jul 13, Grades 7th-8th
- For those looking for a little bit of variety. Join us for 2 day hikes and 3 days of canoeing giving you a chance to experience both the mountains and the rivers!
Hike & White Water Rafting, Jul 14/Jul 20, Grades 9th to 12th
- For those looking for fast-paced adventure, this is the trip for you! Spend the week backpacking and camping, with a day rafting on Sixmile Creek*, the Kenai Peninsula’s premier white water river. n*Guided by Nova River Runners
Junior High Canoe, Jul 21/Jul 27, Grades 7th to 8th
- Experience Alaska's premier canoeing on the Swan Lake System and the Moose River. Camp each night, learn a variety of canoeing skills, portaging techniques, and how to make a sauna.
Junior High Alpine Backpack, Jul 28/Aug 3, Grades 7th to 8th
- Spend a week in the mountains backpacking and camping in the backcountry. Hear the marmots whistle and follow goat trails to the tops of the mountains